Town Supervisor Updates
* THE OFFICE IS OPEN MONDAY - THURSDAY 9 AM TO 2 PM. The Town Clerk Karen Wayering is available during these times. The Assessor Erin Gratch is in on Thursdays 9 am to 1 pm and the Code Officer Mike McQuade is in the office from 8 am to Noon on Friday. As Supervisor I am often at the office but if you need to meet with me, please call 315-347-3606 and let me know for a mutual time to meet. If you require assistance with an emergency, please call the office or send the Supervisor a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
* The next monthly meeting is on Tuesday, July 13th at 6 pm. The meeting will be held at the Town Court Room at 109 Church Street. Masks are not required except for those who have not been vaccinated.
A Public Hearing will precede the meeting starting at 6 pm regarding our Re-Application for a Community Block Development Grant to perform repairs to and add legally required disinfection to discharges from the Sewer Plant. We encourage you to attend this session to ask questions and gain an understanding of the project and funding opportunity. If we fail to secure grant funding we may be required to move ahead and fund this from user fees.
*The former junkyard on the Trout Lake Road is being cleaned up by the owners and the Town has agreed to assist them as needed to complete the cleanup.
*If your property is unsafe, uninhabitable or a public nuisance you can expect a citation from the Codes Officer. Contact Mike McQuade for guidance if you have any questions or require assistance.
* Nicole Bacon Ward is ready for our Music On Main Street Music Series at McBrier Park by the McBrier Bridge. After two weeks of rainouts we expect to start the series this Thursday evening from 6:30 to 8 pm. The current schedule with:
*July 15th - John Danis. Classic Folk and American Songbook Standards. John is no stranger to our community, he’s a retired music teacher from HDCS. John led the marching band through these very streets for many years. He also has some Hermon history to share. Don’t miss it!!Check out John Danis Music on FB.
* National Grid has our town on their schedule for conversion of our street lights to LED and we hope they will be completed soon. We have paid for the net book value of the existing system so we are now in que for the conversion.
* More improvements are being made to the Recreation Park. Great News! We received a $6,100 grant from the Iroquois Pipeline Foundation which funded the new playtower. A new steel backstop with safety fencing is on its way for the ballfield as well. With the extra funding we have ordered the equipment and will be building a new sand volleyball court behind the basketball courts!
* We have Hermon NY logo decals at the town office that are available free of charge to town residents. We ask that you take no more than one for each vehicle you own.
* The Town Board is funding the planning process for renovations and upgrades to our water system. This process is imperative to seek grant funding for this essential need for the future of our hamlet water distribution and additional fire protection.
* If you see dogs at large the Town of Hermon has a leash law that requires all dogs to be on a leash or tie out when out of doors. Dog Control Officer: Daniel Moyer Phone: (315) 276-6805 E-mail Address: DCO.Dan.Moyer@Hotmail.com
* If you note a streetlight not working please call the office with the pole number and nearest building address to the pole. We will request that National Grid repair the light.
* Our webpage is maintained by our webmaster Jamie Matthews. Please visit it at https://www.hermonny.org/ If you have a notice you want posted on the webpage or facebook page please send a request to email@example.com
* THE HERMON HEPBURN LIBRARY IS OPEN - Monday, 12-4 and 6-8, Tuesday 9-2, Wednesday 9-3, Thursday 9-2 and Friday 9-1 Please stop in and our Librarian Kelly Hamilton can assist you and bring you up to date on what is new at the Library!
* Codes Officer Michael McQuade is in the office on Fridays from 8 to Noon. Mike can be reached by calling 315-486-5926. You can find most requested forms on the Code Officers webpage here:
* You can see further information on our facebook page and webpages. For facebook go to https://www.facebook.com/Town-of-Hermon-1921303684782733/ and our webpage is at http://hermonny.org/ Please go to our facebook page and like the page in order to get the updates daily. We are pleased to see that the number of users on facebook who follow our page has grown from 290 to over 970 this year!
Hermon Town Supervisor