HERMON SUPERVISOR UPDATE 5-29-2020
* THE OFFICE IS OPEN MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY 9 am to 2 pm. WE ARE PROCEEDING TO OPEN TO OUR CITIZENS ON MONDAY, JUNE 1ST AS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED. Social distancing and masks will be required.
* THE HERMON HEPBURN LIBRARY IS OPENING AS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED ON MONDAY, JUNE 1ST AS WELL. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10a.m.-12p.m. Social distancing and masks will be required. Patrons may enter the lobby to return or pick up books. I look forward to seeing everyone!
* SPRING CLEANUP IS THIS COMING TUESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY WITH DROPOFFS AT THE SANDBARN ON SATURDAY. PLEASE GET ALL YOUR ITEMS TO THE CURBSIDE OR CALL WITH AN ADDRESS OUTSIDE THE HAMLET NOW. YOU CAN ALSO EMAIL ME AT email@example.com for pickup outside the Hamlet. A Spring Clean Up is being conducted from June 2-4 (roadside) & 6th (drop off only at sandbarn on Hermon-Dekalb Road). If you live inside the Hamlet of Hermon please bring acceptable items to the curbside for pickup. If you live outside the Hamlet please call 347-3606 to let us know you have items to pick up. We have five miles of roads inside the Hamlet and 47 outside so this will allow us to make sure we get to everybody without wasting time and expense. Acceptable items are wood, plastic and metal household items and appliances. Tires off the rims, scrap metal, televisions, computers and other electronics. We will not accept household garbage, blacktop, stone, dirt, hazardous materials and roofing materials. If you have questions please call 347-3606. THE CODE OFFICER WILL BEGIN ENFORCING OUR JUNK AND JUNKYARD LAWS AFTER THIS EVENT WITH CITATIONS AND FINES. THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN UP YOUR PROPERTY AND HAVE US REMOVE THESE ITEMS FOR FREE. AFTER THE EVENT IF YOU ARE IN VIOLATION EXPECT A VISIT AND ACTION FOR CLEANUP.
* The renovation of the McBrier Bridge downtown has begun and is moving ahead on schedule. Concrete is expected to poured at the end of this coming week. This project includes a $50,000 grant to replace the deck on the bridge along with $46,000 of additional work being funded from our Highway Budget to provide box guardrails, a sidewalk, lighting and other improvements. The project will likely keep the bridge closed for approximately 60 days. Please use the Jefferson Street bridge to detour.
* All roads in the Town of Hermon are closed to ATV and UTV use. The State law in 2015 banned use on roads unless any road was approved for use as a connector for an approved County Trail System. This law superceded our previous law that did allow their use in the town. Proposals for such were turned down in 2015 by the Town Board. We have been notified that the Sheriff's department will be enforcing these regulations as a result of complaints of these vehicles speeding in the Hamlet of Hermon and on roads outside the Hamlet. If you have questions regarding this please call 315-347-3606 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Improvements are being made at our Town Recreational property on Main St. A new childrens ride is being installed, new player benches and protective fencing is being installed on the ballfield and new bleachers are being installed. We are negotiating to obtain adjoining property and if successful we are planning to build a parking lot and public bathrooms on that property.
* * IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE RE-EVALUATION OF ASSESSMENTS!**
The Town Assessor is Erin Gratch and she has completed the reassessments of all properties in the Town. Grievance forms are available in a box by the front door of the Town Office or Click here for Grievance Complaint forms.
A copy of all Complaint forms must be received by the Assessor 3 working days prior to Grievance Day. Grievance day is June 4, 2020 from 2-4 and 6-8pm.
* Woodys Market LLC remains fully open Monday thru Friday 7 am to 9 pm. Saturday 8 am to 9 pm and Sunday 8 am to 9 pm. If you need deli meat, cheese or want to order food please call ahead. 315-347-9787. All food orders and requests for sliced meat and cheese must be called in. You may place a food order online. The website can be found under Woodys Market LLC Facebook page and the convenience fee will be refunded when you pick up your food.
* The Skunks Nest operations are open for take out foods and beverages only. Check for hours of service. Skunks Nest (315) 347-4400
* The United Methodist Church and First Baptist Church are both closed until further notice.
* A new Codes Officer Michael McQuade has been appointed and is in the office on Fridays from 8 to Noon. Click here to find most requested forms on the Code Officers webpage.
* The next Town Board Meeting is scheduled for June 9th at 6 pm. If possible we will meet in the Courtroom and allow the public to attend with social distancing if State Reopening Guidelines permit. If not it will be held as a Zoom meeting and the public can participate. We will announce well in advance.
* The Food Pantry is still active at the United Methodist Church. April Allen has all the donations received at the Library and Town Office now at the church. If you would like to make a donation of food or money please call April at315-854-5135 for assistance! IF YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO NEEDS ASSISTANCE FROM THE PANTRY CALL APRIL AS WELL!
* We are constantly updating our facebook page. Click here and check out our facebook page. Please go there and like the page in order to get the updates daily.
Hermon Town Supervisor